Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Waxing Lyrical About Christmas Kindness

| Right | December 25, 2012

(Several customers are purchasing wax cubes. You’re supposed to melt them in a wax burner, but I can’t help but sniff them while I’m ringing them out. I didn’t want to stop smelling one in particular. However, after seeing one of the customers looking at me funny, I quickly close it and put it with the others in the bag.)

Customer #1: “If you like those so much, you should buy some!”

Me: “Oh, I don’t have a wax burner.”

Customer #2: “You should get one! They smell really good when they’re melted, too!”

Me: “I’m a college student. I don’t have money!”

(The customers leave, only to later come back back through my line. They’re purchasing another lip balm and wax burner along with candy cane-scented wax. They start to walk away with just their lip balms and don’t grab their other items.)

Me: “Hey, wait, you forgot your bag!”

Customer #1: “That’s for you. Merry Christmas. You deserve it for trying to do something with your life!”

(I was nearly in tears for the rest of the evening! Thank you, kind customer!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!