Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Water You Doing To Us

, , , , , , | Right | May 14, 2019

(I’m working the drive-thru on a slow night at a popular chicken restaurant. My coworkers and I are slacking off as everything is done and the manager has gone home for the night, leaving me in charge. A car pulls into the drive-thru when this happens:)

Me: “Thank you for choosing [Fast Food Place]; what can I get for you?”

Customer: “Yeah, let me get a [one-person-sized meal only totaling to $5].”

Me: “And your drink?”

Customer: “Actually, scratch that. Let me get a [meal totaling to about $15].”

Me: “Okay… No problem. What else for you?”

Customer: “Actually, scratch that. Let me get a [big meal ranging to about $20].”

Me: *literally banging my head against the wall as my coworker unpacks the previous meal choice and starts the new one* “No problem. Will that be all for today?”

Customer: “Scratch that. Let me get a large water. That’ll be it.”

Me: *pause* “Just pull up to the window.”

Coworker: “ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!”

(A bunch of teenagers pulled up to the window and I handed them their water as they laughed, driving off. While we were shocked, it at least relieved the boredom.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!