Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Water You, Brainless, Part 2

| Working | June 8, 2013

(I’m nine months pregnant and my husband and I are at the movie theater. About half an hour into the movie, I realize that I am in labor and we need to leave. My husband and I go to the customer service desk to see if we can get our ticket money back.)

Husband: “Hi, we were in [Movie] but my wife is in labor. Is there any way we could get a partial refund or something?”

Clerk: “Um… hang on. Let me get my manager…”

Manager: “So, I understand you want a refund because you decided to leave your movie?”

Husband: “My wife is in labor. We didn’t just decide to leave.”

Manager: “How do I know she’s in labor? She could be faking it.”

(Just then, my water breaks all over the floor.)

Me: “Oh, s***, we have to go now!”

Husband: “You still think she’s faking it?”

(The manager prints us two ticket vouchers, while looking suspiciously at my belly.)

Manager: “I should get proof, but I’ll let you have it this time!”

(My baby was born less than an hour later.)


This story is part of the second Pregnancy roundup!

Read the next second Pregnancy roundup story!

Read the second Pregnancy roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!