Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Wasting Away Ten Days At A Time

| Working | February 11, 2016

(I called up a month previously and was told my issue would be looked into and I should receive a letter within 10 working days. I am calling to chase this up and find out what is going on. It’s a Monday.)

Me: “Hi, I called previously about [issue] and was told I’d hear back in 10 days, but it’s been a month. Can you tell me what’s happening, please?”

Agent: “I can’t see any notes on your case. Give it a bit longer.”

Me: “Oh, okay. Well, how long is it normally? Because I was originally told 10 days and it’s been twice that.”

Agent: “I don’t know. They haven’t got to it yet. You just have to wait until you hear back.”

Me: “Oh, is there a backlog? Do you know what date they’re working on?”

Agent: “No, they don’t tell us that. You just have to wait until they get to you.”

Me: “Why would [Previous Agent] say 10 days? That was what I was basing things on, and I’ve even allowed plenty of extra time. Is there any way you can check if they have it, just so I know it’s definitely there and not been missed or lost or something?”

Agent: “If [Previous Agent] said they sent it, they sent it. They have no reason not to. It’s their job.”

Me: “I’m not saying it would be deliberate, but sometimes mistakes happen or things slip through the cracks. I just want to make sure it’s not forgotten”

Agent: “There’s no way to check. You just have to wait”

Me: “Well, how long should I wait?”

Agent: “I don’t know. It’s not due yet. You have to wait.”

Me: “How do you know it’s not due yet if you don’t know what date they’re working on or what the normal turnaround time is? I was told the turnaround time was 10 days, so mine is past due.”

Agent: “Look, you’re in a queue. You can’t jump to the front. You have to wait like everyone else.”

Me: “I don’t want to jump to the front! I just want to make sure I AM in the queue!”

Agent: “I can’t check. You just have to wait.”

Me: “Yes, but for how long?”

Agent: “I don’t know. You just have to wait til they write to you.”

Me: “How long is a piece of string?!”

Agent: “Exactly!”

Me: “Six months, then. Should I leave it six months?”

Agent: “No, that would be ridiculous.”

Me: “So how long should I wait, then?!”

Agent: “Call Friday and they can chase it for you.”

Me: “Why will they be able to chase it on Friday but you can’t chase it for me now?”

Agent: “It might be your turn then.”

Me: “But you have no basis for that because you don’t know what date they’re working on or the turnaround time! I’d like to speak to a supervisor, please!”

Agent: “No, they’ll just tell you what I’ve told you.”

Me: “You haven’t told me anything!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!