Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Conventional Situation

| Working | January 30, 2015

(I’m at a hotel for a local convention. I’m trying to order on the pizza place’s online site for delivery, but thanks to a software glitch it won’t let me order two different kinds of soda. So I call the store and explain the issue.)

Employee #1: “It would probably be better if I just took your order over the phone. What can I get for you?”

(So I place the order, including the address of the hotel and the room number, and a callback number.)

Employee #1: “All right, it should be ready at about 10:15.”

Me: “Thank you.”

(It gets as late as 11:08 with no callback. So I call in.)

Employee #2: “Thank you for choosing [Pizza Chain]. What can I get for you?”

Me: “Yeah, I had a delivery order that was supposed to be here almost an hour ago.”

Employee #2: “I can check on that for you. What’s your name?”

Me: “[My Name].”

Employee #2: “…and this was a delivery order, or carryout?”

Me: “Delivery…?”

Employee #2: “Ah… hold on. Let me get my manager.”

(After a brief wait, the manager comes on, sounding fairly upbeat. It turns out the order was listed as carryout, so it had been waiting at the store for us! We get to replacing the order, and the manager offers to send it for free due to the wait. While we’re getting the order replaced, she says this:)

Manager: “Yeah, it’s been a crazy night with the convention and the Saturday.”

Me: “I don’t blame you at all.”

(While we’re confirming the order…)

Manager: “And that was a two-liter of [Popular Soda] and a two-liter of [Another Popular Soda]?”

Me: “Yep.”

Manager: “Can you tell I’m losing my mind yet?!”

(That comment was what made my night! The rest of the order went without a hitch.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!