Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Wasn’t Banking On Them Doing Actual Banking, Part 2

, , | Right | January 27, 2021

I am a teller at a bank. A very buff man comes up with a card with a woman’s name on it, demands to know how much is in the account, and wants to get whatever is in it. This is not an uncommon request.

I look up in our system who is authorized to get information and draw money from this account. Besides the female owner of this account, some guy is authorized to get money from it.

Me: “All right, sir, I only need to see some ID to tell you the balance and process the withdrawal.”

Customer: *Instantly angry* “Why do you want to see my ID? You’re not the police; you can’t ask me for it!”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but this is necessary for us to make sure we only give money to people who are allowed to get it from that account. Actually, it is requested by law to do so.”

Customer: “But I gave you the card! Now get me my money.”

Me: “Sorry, but I don’t believe your first name is [Obviously Female Name on the card]. I need to follow the law as I could lose my job if I didn’t, so please show me some ID and I will be happy to help you.”

Customer: “This is ridiculous! You can’t make me show you my ID! I want the f****** money now!”

This goes back and forth several minutes. I already am suspicious and he gets more and more angry and indignant. I finally have had enough of this pointless argument.

Me: “So, sir, we have two options. First one is, you show me your ID and we get the withdrawal done. Second one is, you don’t show me your ID. Then I will keep this card and call the police immediately as I must think you just found this card and want to steal what’s in the account.”

Bear in mind that this is a bank that is constantly under video surveillance and security will be here in just a minute.

He says nothing, just grabs into the pocket of his jeans and slaps his ID onto the desk. I make sure it’s not a fake one and that it matches the copy in our system, and I get the withdrawal done. He has now been standing for about ten minutes at my till for a withdrawal that would have taken thirty seconds if he had just shown me the ID he had in his pocket, ready-to-grab.

Customer: *As he gets the money* “And was that sooo difficult for you to do?”

Related:
Wasn’t Banking On Them Doing Actual Banking

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!