Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Was This Customer Bender?

, , , , | Right | November 30, 2022

It is Friday evening at my part-time job at an electronics store. A woman around sixty who looks a little drunk approaches me at the front of the store.

Customer: “A year ago, I bought a TV here, and I got [Plan] protection. It was recently stolen, so you guys have to replace it.”

Me: “Sorry, [Plan] is a protection plan against damage or technical issues, not an insurance or replacement plan.”

Customer: “You are honor-bound to replace it!”

Me: “…No, sorry, but we are not.”

She then wanders over to the technical support desk and tells them the same thing; they give her the same response. I’m watching her on camera, as I’m pretty sure she is drunk. She eventually wanders back up to my desk, where my manager is now talking to me. She points at a large poster of a woman listening to music.

Customer: “What is that a picture of?”

Manager: “…a woman listening to music.”

Customer: “What is that a picture of?”

She points at a poster of a guy using a laptop.

Manager: “…a guy using a computer.”

Customer: “You work at this store, so you should know that TVs and monitors look at your face, and they read your mind, and they memorize all of your personal information. But when they try to read the minds of pictures, they cannot, and they break, so you need to replace all those pictures of people with pictures of robots.”

Manager: *Trying to be political and boss-like* “Well… I appreciate that feedback, and we will certainly—”

Customer: *Cutting off my boss*No! You must replace the pictures with pictures of robots, now!

Manager: “We are not going to do that.”

Customer: “You have to!”

Manager: “No.”

The woman wandered off, and she eventually got in her car and drove off. We ran out to get the license plate so we could call the police.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!