Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Warning: Movie May Require Brain Cells

, , , , | Right | July 1, 2008

Customer: “This is a readin’ movie. Do I have to pay fer this? It’s a readin’ movie. Ya’ know, where ya’ have to read it?”

Me: “You mean, it had subtitles?”

Customer: “Yeah! Those! I don’t have to pay for that, do I?”

Me: “Well, we really don’t do preferential refunds because it isn’t our obligation to make sure the customer likes the movie. We just make it available.”

Customer: “That’s bullcrap!”

(He skulks away from my register and hangs around the candy display as the next customer walks up laughing.)

Me: *to the next customer* “Hello, ma’am. How’re you doing today? Good? That’s great. Before we start here, I’d like to warn you that this magazine you’re about to purchase is a readin’ magazine, and that we don’t give refunds. Sorry.”

(The previous disgruntled customer, who obviously heard everything I said, was completely oblivious to the fact that I was mocking him.)


This story is part of the Scared-Of-Subtitles roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

23 Times Customers Were So Bad You Could Make A Movie About It

 

Read the next Scared-Of-Subtitles roundup story!

Read the Scared-Of-Subtitles roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!