Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

War On Knowledge

, , , , , | Right | April 11, 2011

Caller: “Yes, I’m looking for something for my little grandson. He needs to dress up for school. Like someone from the civil war. Someone like George Washington. Do you have costumes or wigs or anything that could work for that?”

Me: “Well, first a clarification as to what you’re looking for. Are you looking for someone from the civil war? Or from the revolutionary war?”

Caller: “Right! Do you have anything like that?”

Me: “Well, George Washington would be the revolutionary war. Are you looking for something like George Washington for the revolutionary war? Or do you want something from the civil war?”

Caller: “Well, something from that time period.”

Me: “Well, you see that’s two different time periods. You mentioned George Washington. Is that what you want?”

Caller: “Well, I don’t know. He was one of the Presidents, right?”

*pause*

Me: “Right.”

Caller: “President of Virginia, or something like that? The state of Virginia?”


This story is part of our Presidents Day 2024 roundup!

Read the next Presidents Day 2024 roundup story!

Read the Presidents Day 2024 roundup!


This story is part of our Bad-With-History roundup!

Read the next Bad-With-History roundup story!

Read the Bad-With-History roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!