Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Want Insanity Then I’m Your Man(nequin)

, , | Right | January 3, 2018

(I work for a children’s concession inside a high end department store. We stay open until nine pm a few nights a week, but for us, it’s pretty much devoid of customers after eight pm. One evening, to keep myself busy, I decide to change our mannequins. Note: I wear both a uniform and name badge noting my concession name and the store’s name.)

Customer: “Excuse me, do you work here?”

(Startled, I look down at the half-naked mannequin I’m trying to wrestle into a onesie before I look back at him with a smile.)

Me: “Yes, I do. Sorry, I’m a little distracted by this guy.”

(He looks down at the mannequin this time.)

Customer: “That was a really stupid question, wasn’t it? I’m not sure what I would have done if you’d said ‘no.’” *he laughs*

Me: “Probably questioned the sanity of the woman playing dress-up with her dolls in the middle of a department store. I wish I had said ‘no’ now. Anyway, how can I help you?”

(Turned out, he was a guy in his early twenties who had never stepped foot in a children’s wear department in his life, but a friend of his and his fiancée just had a baby and he was nervous about trying to find a gift for the new arrival. I helped him choose a very cute outfit, including gift wrapping it for him. He apologized again and thanked me for my help and after he left, I went back to my mannequins.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!