Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Walking The Decent Line

| Friendly | March 4, 2016

(My family and I are driving home on Thanksgiving weekend and stop at a diner along the highway for breakfast. As it is Thanksgiving weekend, all the tables are full and so we’re waiting to be seated. My brother and I start playing with the jukebox as our parents stand nearby. We’re looking over their collection of music when he notices something.)

Brother: *pointing at the display* “Hey, look, does this say there’s still money in there?”

Me: “It kind of looks that way. Let’s find out.”

(I see a song I like on the screen so I key in the code. Sure enough, the song starts playing. As my brother is searching for a song to put on next, another customer walks up to us.)

Customer: “Hey, did you put that Johnny Cash on?”

Me: “Yes.”

Customer: “That’s wonderful! I love this song; it brings back so many memories!” *to my parents* “Are you waiting for a table?”

Mother: “Yes.”

Customer: “Well, I was planning to sit around here awhile longer, but you know what? Y’all can have my table. Your daughter just made my whole day! I hope you have a great breakfast!”


This story is part of the Diners roundup!

Read the next Diners roundup story!

Read the Diners roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!