Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Wait, So Do You Still Work There, Or…?

, , , , , | Working | March 15, 2023

I used to work for a [Burger Chain]. The place was a complete hot mess, with only one good manager, and the rest were absolutely bonkers. If a manager wasn’t on a power trip, it was because they decided to hide in the office and surf the Internet instead of managing the restaurant.

Eventually, I decided it was time to move on. I submitted my two-week notice, worked my last days, got hugs from coworkers, and went off into the sunset… or so I thought.

Two days after my last shift, I got a message from the one good manager. He asked why I wasn’t at work; I was the only cashier scheduled that night.

I felt bad that they did this to him. I had to message him back, detailing the situation. Of course, that messed him up for a bit as he had to scramble to get people to fill in my vacated spot.

But it doesn’t end there. Oh, no. The next day, I was leaving on a vacation out of town. I’m sure you can guess the upcoming nonsense.

Once I got out of town, my phone started to blow up. It was from my former [Burger Chain]. 

Bad Manager: “[My Name], you are rostered to work all this week. Why aren’t you here?”

Me: “Because I don’t work for you anymore. I worked the last of my two-week notice on [date]. I’m not coming back. I quit.”

Bad Manager: “Well, I extended your schedule for a further week because you wouldn’t mind.”

Me: “Yeah, that was really stupid of you, wasn’t it? I do mind, because I quit.”

Bad Manager: “I suggest you tone down your attitude, [My Name]. Anyway, [Coworker] saw on Facebook that you’re out of town. I suggest you come in for your shift tomorrow.”

I decided to be a smarta**.

Me: “Nah.”

Bad Manager: “Nah?! What do you mean, ‘Nah’?!”

Me: “I mean nope. Uh-uh. Not gonna. Bye, Felicia. No. As in, I will not come in. I quit. I put in my notice. I don’t appreciate being rostered on after I’ve quit. I will not be returning to work for you, because I’ve quit. Oh, and by the way, I quit! Never call me again, or I will file a harassment claim. Do you understand me?”

It got very quiet on the other end, so I hung up on the (likely stunned) silence.

I never got another call from that place.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!