Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Wad A B****

| Right | November 8, 2015

(I’m 16 and I’ve been working at a dollar store for a little over a month. A customer in her 60s comes in and tells me she is buying eight bottles of iced tea and four bottles of lemonade. She keeps them in her cart as she is checking out.)

Me: “Ma’am, would you please put the bottles on the counter? I need to count and ring them up.”

Customer: *gives me an exasperated look* “But I just told you that I’m buying eight iced teas and four lemonades!”

Me: “Well, I still have to count and scan them.”

Customer: *glaring at me as she puts the bottles on the counter, one at a time* “You think we’re all thieves!”

Me: “No, I don’t, ma’am; I just need to count the bottles. It’s store policy.”

Customer: *patronizing* “Well, I’ve been counting long before you were born, honey.”

(I ring up the bottles and there are in fact eight bottles of iced tea and four of lemonade. She glares at me again.)

Me: “Yes, you are right. There are eight iced teas and four lemonades. So that’s $10.45.”

(After she pays, she gives me another stare-down. I give her the receipt.)

Customer: “Well, since you wasted my time, I’m going to take my time putting all these bottles back in my cart.” *she then proceeds to slowly put each bottle back in her cart, one at a time, causing the line behind her to grow*

(After she left, the customer that is behind her, a young guy in his early 20s, comes up to the counter.)

Customer #2: “Some people really have their panties in a wad, don’t they?”

Me: “Very true. I should’ve told her that we have some wad-less ones in aisle three…”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!