Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Voicefail, Part 2

| Working | March 8, 2016

(My aunt is trying to quit smoking. In the process, she has been trying to get in touch with a local free help quit line. When the help line tries to get back to her, they have to leave a voicemail.)

Aunt’s Voicemail Greeting: “Hi, you have reached [Full Name]. My phone is either off, dead, or I am in school. If you’ll leave your name, number, and a brief message I’ll get back to you. Thank you.”

Help Line Trainee: “Hi, this is [Trainee], trying to get in touch with a [Full Name].”

(There is a brief pause.)

Help Line Trainee: “Hello, [Aunt], this is [Trainee] from [Help Quit Program]. I am returning your call regarding the services we offer.”

(Another pause. This time there is some background noise: a person coughing, some papers rustling.)

Help Line Trainee: “I’m sorry, if someone is there I do apologize but I can’t seem to hear you.” *yet another pause* “There is no response so I’m going to have to terminate this call. If you can hear me please call us back.”

(There is a sound that sounds like she is gonna hang up but right before the message actually ends I can hear her say:)

Help Line Trainee: “D*** it! Again!”

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!