Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Video Is Still Trying To Kill The Radio

| Romantic | July 22, 2016

(My boyfriend and I live very close to a drive-in movie theater and enjoy taking advantage of this fact. In the recent warm weather we have been taking his truck instead of my car and sitting in the bed. The first time we did, we borrowed his mom’s new portable stereo as the theater sends audio out through radio channels, only to discover that its radio reception is dismal. The next time we take his extremely beat-up old boombox from the ‘90s, which gets us a much clearer signal.)

Boyfriend: “This thing is great! It’s covered in paint and I’ve dropped it a bunch of times, but it still works!”

Me: “Yours has survived an awful lot. And hers was only a year old and it was super staticky.”

Boyfriend: “Yeah, they don’t make ’em like they used to. This thing just keeps working. I mean… sure, the CD player part is broken. And the power input doesn’t work, but it’s okay because there’s no plug here either and it runs off batteries. And I’m not sure if the cassette player works, because who has cassettes anymore?”

Me: “…and it’s held together with duct tape.”

Boyfriend: “Yes, that too. But still! You can get good radio reception on battery power, even if everything else is broken! They just don’t make ’em like they used to.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!