Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Very Sour About The Lemonade

| Working | November 18, 2015

(It’s late and my heavily pregnant wife has asked me to pick up some food on the way home.)

Me: “Hi, can I get a [meal] with a Coke, and a [meal] with a lemonade.”

Speaker: “I’m sorry, we do not serve lemonade.”

Me: “Oh, okay. What drinks do you have without caffeine in?”

Speaker: “Err. We have Coke and diet Coke?!”

Me: “Sorry, without caffeine?”

Speaker: *sighs* “Hang on, I will get a manager.”

(A moment later…)

Manager: *gruffly* “Yes?”

Me: “Yes, sorry to be a pain, but I was asking about caffeine free drinks. Is your Coke caffeine-free?”

Manager: *sighing* “No, sir. You can have water, Sprite, or orange juice.”

Me: “Sprite, yes, that what I was after.”

Manager: *even more gruffly* “Next window, please.”

(I dutifully drive round to pay.)

Speaker: *sharply* “You know when you order you should be more clear. How was I supposed to know the Sprite was lemonade?”

Me: *taken aback* “Err, it’s fizzy, clear, and tastes of lemons. That should have given you a pretty good clue.”

Speaker: “Well, I just got told off because of—”

Manager: “[Speaker], over here please!”

(I drive to the next window; I’m tired and just want my food.)

Manager: *suddenly much happier* “Here is your order, sir. I apologise for my staff. They shouldn’t speak to customers that way. I wasn’t aware of your original order.”

Me: “No, that’s fine; I can see how she might have gotten confused.”

Manager: “No, it isn’t. I personally sit down with each member and explain the menu to them. This won’t happen again.”

(Happy but feeling slightly guilty I drove off. I didn’t go back to that location for several weeks. When I did, I spotted the same woman behind the counter. Seeing me she darted off to the back, where the same manager as before half-led, half-pushed her back to the counter. He stood right behind her during the whole transaction. It was the most insincere service I have ever received, but great to see someone being held accountable for their action, and a manager doing his job properly.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!