Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Very Slow To Register

| Right | May 26, 2014

(I’m heading to the only open checkout lane of a supermarket. A man in his mid-thirties, visibly in a rush and carrying only a single carton of milk, gets there only a moment after a little old lady carrying a basket with only two items in it.)

Old Lady: “Don’t worry, young man. I’ll be done very quickly.”

Man: *fidgeting* “No problem. Take your time.”

(The cashier rings up both items. The old lady whips out a coupon.)

Cashier: “I’m sorry, but this coupon is for a different brand of this item.”

Lady: “Oh, dear. Can you send somebody to switch it out for me?”

(It’s a few minutes before a stock-boy shows up with the correct brand. The man is getting more and more antsy and frustrated as he watches the cashier void the previous item and ring up the new one.)

Cashier: “That’ll be [new total].”

Old Lady: “Oh, dear. I almost forgot. I have another coupon here.”

(It’s a manufacturer’s coupon. It doesn’t go through and takes a manager to come and help the cashier ring it in. By now the man’s face is turning red and he’s practically gnawing on his wallet out of frustration from waiting.)

Cashier: “I’m so sorry, sir. We’re almost done.”

Man: “Yep, no problem.”

Cashier: *to old lady* “Okay, the total is [newest total].”

Old Lady: *looking through her purse* “Oh, dear…” (A moment later she produces a checkbook.)

Old Lady: “Who do I make it out to?”

Man: *screaming* “God d*** it!”

(With that, he hurls the carton of milk at a wall, where it explodes and sends milk cascading all over the wall and the front of the store.  The man storms out leaving a stream of profanity in his wake. We all watch this in stunned silence. A few moments later the old lady pulls her hand out of her pocket.)

Old Lady: “Oh, never mind. Here’s a $5 bill. Had it all along! Silly me…”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!