Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Very Disempowering

| Friendly | March 21, 2015

(I share an apartment with a classmate. When his girlfriend is visiting we experience a power outage. I check the fuse panel, and sure enough one has popped.)

Me: *knocking on roommate’s door* “A fuse has popped. I’ll turn the main switch to ‘off’ while I replace the fuse.”

(A while later I go to my room to check if merely the fuse change was enough, and everything is fine for a while, but the power goes out again, so I go to check the fuse panel, only to find my roommate there inspecting the panel.)

Me: “What is it?”

Roommate: “This fuse is still popped, see?” *pointing at the red piece of metal that flies off when a fuse pops* “I thought you said you’d replace the fuse?”

Me: “…I did. Look at the fuse. That red thing is from the old one, and the power is restored.”

Roommate: “Well, not in my room.”

Roommate’s Girlfriend: “[Roommate], did you check your extension cords? The ones with their own breakers?”

Roommate: “…F***!”

(I switched the power back on and the two went back to his room, and soon enough I heard the sound of his PCs fans running at 100% during the booting process. I think I have pretty good idea of what caused the power surge, considering I had seen the two extension cords with 10 sockets each, which was five times the original number of power outlets in the room.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!