Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Very Closed Minded

| Right | September 9, 2014

(The store that this takes place in is open 24/7 and is only closed for Christmas Day. One night, around 9:30, a customer calls the store and I answer it.)

Me: ”[Location] [Store] customer service. This is [My Name]. How can I help you?”

Customer: “Yes, I was calling to ask when you close tonight.”

Me: “Customer service or the store?”

Customer: “The store.”

Me: “The store stays open 24 hours, ma’am.”

Customer: “No, no, no. When does the store close?”

Me: “It doesn’t. It stays open 24/7.”

Customer: *sounding annoyed* “NO! I’m not asking when it is open I want to know when it CLOSES!”

Me: “Ma’am, the next time we’ll close, excluding things beyond our control, will be 8 pm on Christmas Eve.”

(After hearing that, the customer starts to yell into the phone.)

Customer: “I DON’T GIVE A F*** WHEN IT CLOSES CHRISTMAS EVE! I WANT TO KNOW WHEN IT CLOSES TONIGHT!”

Me: *wincing and pulling the headset from my ear as a pair of customers approach the counter* “Ma’am, please don’t yell. I am attempting to tell you that the store does not close.”

Customer: “NO, YOU ARE JUST F****** TELLING WHEN IT F******* CLOSES ON GODD*** CHRISTMAS EVE, WHEN IT’S JUST APPROACHING EASTER!”

Me: “Listen, ma’am, the store DOES NOT CLOSE UNTIL THEN!”

Customer: “BULL-F******-S***! YOU’RE NOT TELLING ME YOU CLOSE BECAUSE YOU WANT ME TO WASTE MY FUCKING GAS GETTING OVER THERE ONLY TO HAVE YOU SHOO ME AWAY!”

Me: “Listen, if you cannot understand that WE DO NOT, I REPEAT, NOT CLOSE, then I don’t know what to tell you.” *click*

(I turn to the two customers who’ve been waiting at the counter.)

Me: “Sorry about that. How can I help you?”

In-Store Customer: *chuckling* “So, when do you close?”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!