Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Vendor Bender

, , , , | Right | May 17, 2022

I am working at a call center for a website that sells tours and trips around the world.

Customer: “Hi. I booked a trip on your website and had a question.”

The customer proceeds to ask a detailed question about the trip he booked.

Me: “Okay, what you’ll need to do is call the tour vendor for that information. We provided the phone number for you on your voucher.”

Customer: “Why can’t you tell me yourself?”

Me: “The nature of our business is selling events and trips for tour vendors through our portals. If you need specific information about the trip you booked, you’ll need to speak with the vendor and they’ll be happy to provide you with all the information you need. Again, the number is on your voucher.”

Customer: “I asked you!

Me: “Sir, there are over 30,000 different trips, tours, and events listed on our website—”

Customer: “Then what’s your job?”

Me: “I’m here to assist you if you have a problem with the booking itself, such as if you need to reschedule or cancel, if you have a complaint about the tour, you were injured—”

Customer: “Yeah, you’re really fast to take my money, but slow to help me when I need it!”

Me: “You are asking the wrong person. You will need to call the tour vendor. The phone number for the tour vendor is on your voucher. If you don’t have it in front of you, I can give you the number if you have something to write with.”

Customer: “You just don’t want to help me!”

Me: “Sir, I can’t give you information I don’t have. Did you need to—”

Customer: “I’m done talking to you. You’re fast to take my money but slow to help. You’re nothing but lazy and useless, and let me tell you something else—”

Me: *Hangs up*

Ten seconds later…

Me: “[Greeting].”

Customer:Why did you hang up on me?!

Me: “You said you were done talking. If you need the tour vendor’s number—”

Customer: “I’m the customer here! I hang up first!”

Me: “Did you have any other questions?”

Customer: “No. You wanna waste my time, I’ll waste your time.”

Me: “Not at this business.” *Hangs up*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!