Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Utah Is Not Her Calling

| Right | March 31, 2015

(I used to work in a very different kind of call center. People who lived in California would call us in Utah to make an appointment for their doctors. But we weren’t allowed to tell them we were in Utah, so we had to act like we were actually in California, at the front desk of the doctor’s office.)

Me: “[Company]. This is [My Name]. How can I help you today?”

Customer: “Yes, I need to talk to the nurse right away!”

Me: “Okay, no problem, ma’am. I’m just going to need to open up your file real fast. Can I get your last name and birth date?”

Customer: “No. You’re in f***** Utah. I don’t want to give you s***. You’ll steal my identity.”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but I am unable to transfer you over to your nurse unless I have your information.”

Customer: “F*** you!” *hangs up*

(About five minutes later I get the same lady again and go through the regular routine.)

Customer: “I’m going to call the police and the newspapers and let them know that you’re stealing our jobs!”

Me: “I’m sorry you’re upset, ma’am. I can try to get you to a nurse, but that means I have to put you on hold”

Customer: “You’re going to go to jail because you stole our jobs! You will not put me on hold or I will press charges!”

(I tried to work with her more but she was not having it. She ended up just hanging up on me. I finally was able to open her file, because I guess I wasn’t the only person she threatened that day. She never called me back, but I later found out that she stormed into the doctor’s office and they ended up having to call the cops to escort her out.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!