Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Using A Persuasive Property Line

, , , , | Right | October 18, 2022

I work as a contractor for an Internet and cable service provider. I have three tests to pass to make sure the signal is okay for me to install services. On the second test for this customer, the service fails, so I am not able to complete it.

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but I can’t install services to your house today. I’m going to have to refer this to maintenance.”

Customer: “What do you mean? You can’t make my Internet work?”

Me: “Yes, that is correct. Your signal is too bad to use.”

Customer: “Can’t you leave your equipment and connect me?”

Me: “No, I can’t, because the service won’t work, and the equipment is still under my name.”

Customer: “Is there anything you can do to make it work today?”

Me: “No, I can’t, because there’s nothing I can do to fix it.”

Customer: *Stares at me angrily* “Can’t you at least leave the equipment here while I’m waiting for maintenance?”

Me: “No, I can’t, because it won’t work.”

He finally understands and leaves it alone. I go outside and start gathering information for the referral.

Customer: “What are you still doing on my property?”

Me: “I need certain information to create the referral.”

Customer: *Raising his voice* “Well, I don’t want you on my property!”

Me: “If I don’t do this, then you will have to wait another two to three days for an appointment, then wait another week to have them send someone out here just to tell you the exact same thing, and then wait another three to five days for them to do the work, only for them to make you wait another week to send someone out, but if you want, I could leave.”

He stopped talking and went back inside.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!