Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

An Unorthodox View Of Gluten

, , , , , | Working | October 24, 2017

(At meetings, we often have lunch provided, usually pizza, paid for in turns by coworkers. We have a new secretary, and she comes in and starts complaining.)

Secretary: “I don’t eat gluten, and there’s no gluten-free pizza here.”

Coworker: “Sorry. We didn’t know. But it’s kind of informal, so if you have unusual diet restrictions, you probably will have to provide your own lunch.”

Secretary: “Well, you have vegetarian options.”

Coworker: “We have a lot of vegetarians, and vegetarian pizza is easy; just get cheese.”

Secretary: “Well, I’m the only one who doesn’t get lunch!”

Coworker: *points to coworker who is Orthodox Jewish* “We don’t have anything for [Coworker]. He just brings his own, because we never get pizza from a place that keeps kosher.”

Secretary: “Well, that’s just his preference. I don’t eat gluten because of a very deep-seated belief!”

Coworker: “You mean like a religion? Like, say, Judaism?”


This story is part of our Celiac Awareness Day roundup!

Read the next Celiac Awareness Day roundup story!

Read the Celiac Awareness Day roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!