Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unlucky For Some

, , , , , | Working | March 12, 2018

My family recently took a trip to Boston for a long weekend. We flew up early Saturday morning and were returning home late Tuesday evening. Since we got in so early, around nine am, my mom paid a little extra for the hotel to give us early check-in, so we could get settled before heading back out.

We were given the room 444, which I chuckled at, having recently learned that the number 4 is like 13 in China: bad luck. We went up to our room only to find a woman already there, in her pajamas. We went back to the lobby to clear it up.

As it was so early, breakfast was going on, so my brother and I went to eat something. Our mom came back about twenty minutes later with new room keys. Apparently, the night auditor had let their friend use an unbooked room, thinking that no one would be in there until the regular check-in time.

My mom got the extra fee waived for her troubles, and we got an extra breakfast. We came out positive in my book, but I don’t think the night auditor can say the same.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!