Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Their Understanding Fell Short

, , , , | Working | October 4, 2017

(My boss treats our office to some fun at a nearby arcade as a holiday treat. I manage to do really well, and the cashier at the prize desk scans my card to show I have quite a lot of tickets. I find a large stuffed dog that I want, well under the total tickets I have, but as I am 5’2”, it’s just out of my reach. I go back to the prize desk.)

Me: “Excuse me. I’ve decided on that dog over there—” *points at stuffed dog on high shelf* “—but I’m too short.”

Cashier: “Well, you can combine your ticket card with another, and maybe that will be enough.”

Me: “Huh?”

Cashier: “If you’re short, you can combine two cards and get more towards prizes.”

Me: “How will that get me the dog? I thought I had enough tickets.”

(Luckily, my boss overhears and realizes what I meant.)

Boss: “Here, [My Name]; I’ll get it for you.”

(He reaches up and grabs the stuffed dog off the shelf, bringing it over to me.)

Cashier: “Oh! You meant you couldn’t reach! Sorry about that.”

Me: “Eh, I’m used to it. Next time I’ll try to win a ladder.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!