Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Underage Underwear

| Working | May 9, 2017

(I’m shopping for my friend’s 16th birthday. I know she likes a particular women’s clothing store that sells loungewear, sleepwear, and lingerie. A couple weeks ago, I saw a sweater I thought she would like, so I go back to buy it. As soon as I enter the shop, I am accosted by a salesgirl.)

Salesgirl: “Hi, welcome to [Shop]! Can I help you find anything today?”

Me: “Oh, no, thanks. I know what I’m looking for.”

Salesgirl: “Okay! Well, we’re having a sale on matching sets of underwear, so you should get some!”

Me: “Um, maybe not today.”

(I go grab the sweater and take it to the counter to buy it. The same salesgirl rings me out.)

Me: “Can I please have a gift receipt? It’s for my friend’s birthday and I’m not sure if this is her size.”

Salesgirl: “Sure! You should totally get her a matching bra-and-panty set to go with it!”

Me: *really weirded out* “I just said I’m not sure what her size is, and why the h*** would I buy my 16-year-old friend a set of lingerie for her birthday?”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!