Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unable To See What They Are Doing  

, , , | Right | August 9, 2019

(I’m nearby and my coworker is ringing up a group of people, cycling through each person. Our sandwiches are in bags that are not see-through, and we ask the customer what they’ve ordered.)

Coworker: “So, what kind of sandwich did you have, ma’am?”

Customer #1: “This one, and I’ll have a drink.”

(My coworker just smiles and looks down for a moment. One of the people in the group begins to laugh.)

Customer #2: “Haha, look at him! I know what that smile means. It means, ‘I can’t believe this is the tenth time that happened today.’”

(My coworker smiles and nods his head. The first customer is upset.)

Customer #1: *to [Customer #2]* “What? What’s wrong, exactly?”

Customer #2: “Look at your sandwich.”

Customer #1: “Yeah, so?”

Customer #2: “It’s in an opaque bag! He asked you what you had and you said, ‘This one.’ That doesn’t tell him anything! You have to name the sandwich!”

Customer #1: “Oh. Oh, whatever.” *sarcastically* “It’s a roast beef.”

(My coworker smiles at her and nods. He knows at this point saying nothing is his best option.)

Customer #2: “Oh, come on, you can’t be mad at him for doing his job.”

([Customer #1] hits [Customer #2] in the arm and walks away.)

Coworker: *grinning* “You were right. Have a great day!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!