Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unable To Recoup(on) From That Attitude

, , , | Right | June 24, 2018

(I am a store manager at a pizza restaurant. We are running a special where you get a one-topping, sixteen-inch pizza for $8, but only with a coupon. A customer has called in to place an order. The employee answering is having trouble and asks me to take over.)

Me: “Hello, sir. I’m the manager. What seems to be the issue?”

Customer: “Your employee won’t give me the discount pizza. I want half cheese, half pepperoni! They said it has to be all, not half! Why is it so hard?!”

Me: “Okay, sir. I have it fixed for you. At the sale price, half cheese, half pepperoni. Did you want anything else?”

Customer: “It better be at the sale price! I can’t believe this!” *starts to rant again*

Me: “Sir, I’m sorry you are upset. But I have everything just how you want it now. I’ve bumped you up, so your order will be ready in 15 minutes. Did you want anything else?”

Customer: “No. That’s it.”

Me: “Okay, sir, thank you. Now, please remember: if you do not bring the coupon, it will be full price.”

(The customer hangs up. I already know this guy will not bring that coupon. I have an employee who likes to mouth off a bit.)

Me: “[Employee #1], you want a chance to be snarky?”

Employee: “YEAH!”

Me: “I have a customer coming in for this order. I’m personally making it, so it will be perfect. You be extra nice, unless he doesn’t bring that coupon. Then it’s full price, no ifs, ands, or buts. Got it? If you need me, I’ll be doing prep.”

(He smiles gleefully, and the customer comes in. Sure enough, no coupon.)

Employee: “Sorry, without the coupon it’s [full price].”

Customer: “But the coupon said $8!”

Employee: “But you don’t have the coupon.”

Customer: “Ugh, you guys are awful! First, you can’t take an order! Then, you won’t give me the price.”

Employee: “Okay, I will just cancel the order, then.”

Customer: “WHAT? NO! I promised my family pizza.”

Employee: “Well, that will be [full price].”

(The customer grumbled and paid. I laughed, and gave the employee some of my tips after the customer left.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!