Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unable To Find An Opening

, , , , | Right | April 27, 2018

(This restaurant opens at 8:30 for breakfast. On weekends, it is usually full up with a line by 8:45, so my partner and I arrive about 8:15 to get there before the rush. We stand outside reading. There are two workers inside getting ready. At 8:20, a man arrives and starts banging hard on the door. The women inside ignore him for a minute, but then he starts yelling.)

Man: “Open up! Come on; I’m waiting!”

Waitress: *opening the door a crack* “I’m sorry, sir. We don’t open for another ten minutes, and we need the time to get ready. Please just wait in line behind these ladies.”

Man: “But you’re in there already. I want to sit down and start drinking coffee!”

Waitress: “The coffee isn’t ready yet. It’ll just be a few more minutes; then we can let you in.”

Man: “That’s bulls***! You’re in there already! I was going to meet six buddies here, but now I’m going to call them and tell them to meet me somewhere else. You’re losing a lot of business!”

Waitress: “Okay.”

(The man stalks off. The three of us watch him get in his car and drive away.)

Waitress: *turning to us and opening the door wide* “Would you ladies like to wait inside?”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!