Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Ultimate Knowledge Of Ultimate Frisbee

| Learning | February 9, 2016

(In the UK, Ultimate Frisbee is not popular at school, but our all-girls school has produced teams who have played at nationals and four girls who played for Great Britain in the three years I was playing, but only one of the PE teachers cares about the sport and the team. We are currently being taught Ultimate Frisbee by two teachers from outside the school but I am the only team member in this class.)

Teacher #1: “It’s okay, if the Frisbee hits the floor, your team still can pick it up.”

Me: “Wait, that’s not right. The other team gets it.”

Teacher #1: “Oh, really? I didn’t know that.”

Teacher #2: *rudely* “How do you know?”

Me: “I play Frisbee with the school; I’ve played at a national tournament.”

(The game carries on but the other team is clearly cheating, which I keep on pointing out and the teachers clearly do not know the rules.)

Teacher #1: “We’re the teachers here!”

Me: “Yeah, but you don’t seem to know how to play! Plus, where did you get these Frisbees from? They’re way too light and definitely not regulation. They’re kids’ Frisbees!”

Teacher #1: *smugly* “Oh, so do you have regulation Frisbees?”

(I went to the sports cupboard in the gym and dragged out a huge sack of regulation GB team Frisbees gifted to us from the GB team. The teachers were stunned and I had to teach the rest of the lesson. They complained to one of the regular PE teachers but luckily it was the teacher who cared about the team so they stood up for me!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!