Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Two Too Much, Part 2

, , , , , | Working | February 25, 2018

(I am walking to my university library and decide to buy a bottle of soda in the corner shop on the way down.They often have “2 bottles for £2 deals”. The deal is on, but they also have bigger bottles of a competitor’s drink for £1 each, and I figure it is a better deal to buy two large ones for the same price, without the deal. At the counter:)

Me: “Just these, please.” *hands him the soda and £2*

Cashier: *a teenage boy* “I’m sorry, ma’am, but those drinks aren’t in the 2-for-£2 deal. They’re full price.”

Me: “I know. But they’re only a £1 each, right?”

Cashier: “Yes, that’s correct.”

Me: “So…”

Cashier: “So, you need to pay the correct amount.”

Me: “But they’re £1 each, and I’m buying two of them. I gave you £2, right?”

Cashier: “Yes, but they’re not on the 2-for-£2 offer. You’ll need to swap them for ones that are if you want to pay £2.”

(At this point, I’m getting frustrated as I can’t seem to get the point cross that two £1 drinks cost £2, so I ask for a manager to authorise the transaction, as this kid is clearly in a different world at the moment.)

Manager: “What seems to be the problem, [Cashier]?”

(After explaining the situation, the manager looked obviously embarrassed at his employee, and immediately let me purchase my drinks and leave. As I left, I could hear the cashier going, “…but they weren’t on the 2-for-£2 offer, though!”)

Related:
Two Too Much

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!