Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Two Timing

| Working | December 20, 2016

(I’m waiting on the front step for my driving instructor for my last ever driving lesson. I have a 12:30 appointment so I’m sure he’ll be here any minute. Come 1 pm, he’s still not here, so I decide to call him to make sure he’s okay and that a student hasn’t crashed the car.)

Me: “Hey [Instructor], it’s [My Name]. I was wondering where you are?”

Instructor: “What? Why? Your appointment’s at 2 pm.”

Me: “That’s not what I have in my calendar… I was told I had a 12:30 appointment.”

Instructor: “Well, don’t call and yell at me about it! I just pick up the schedule at the beginning of the day, and it says 2 pm!”

Me: “Okay, I understand. It was the school’s fault. I just wanted to make sure you weren’t in an accident.”

Instructor: “2 pm! I’ve never done my job incorrectly; I do it by the book! I would call you if we got in an accident! I’m a professional. I would call you! Don’t yell at me about this! I just follow the schedule!”

Me: *taken aback and wondering how he’d call me if he ended up dead from a crash* “Okay! Thanks for letting me know! I’ll be waiting at 2 pm!”

(He did come at 2 pm, but I still swear to this day that I was told 12:30 when I made the appointment. As a bonus, he said things during “teaching” such as “You gotta stop for people in the crosswalk. I know it’s a pain, but I legally gotta tell you that,” and when he drove away from my house for the last time, he didn’t even put his seatbelt on.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!