Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Two For One For Life

, , | Right | May 9, 2018

(I work in a very well-known national opticians chain. They have run a two-for-one on glasses continuously since 1990. It’s a weekend, and although I do look reasonably young, the customer is only three years older than I am. As I’m helping her look for glasses after a sight test, the following occurs.)

Customer: “What offers do you have on the glasses?”

Me: “Well, anything that’s £69 or more is two-for-one, and we also have offers if you want to buy just one pair, which—”

Customer: “I don’t really want glasses today; will the two-for-one still be running next week?”

Me: “Yes, it will.”

Customer: “And what about next month?”

Me: “Yeah, it’ll still be on.”

Customer: “You can’t know that! How would you know that? You’re just staff working on a weekend!”

Me: “Ma’am, the two-for-one promotion has been running since before I started working here. It’s been running since before I was born.” *looks at record* “It’s been running since before you were born.”

Customer: “But that doesn’t mean it’ll still be running next week!”

Me: “This promotion has been running for 25 years. They’re not going to stop it anytime soon.”

Customer: “I don’t believe you; get a manager!”

(No, she didn’t believe the manager, either.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!