Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Two Girls, One Cup, Zero Clue

| Working | February 28, 2017

(We have a tradition of stopping by a fast food place for soft-serve ice cream after each fireworks show downtown. There is a fireworks show after every Friday night home game for our AAA baseball team so this happens over half a dozen times each year.)

Speaker: “Thanks for coming to [Fast Food Place]. Order when you are ready.”

Me: “Thanks. We’ll have three ice cream cones and one cup of ice cream.”

Speaker: “Three cones and one cup?”

Me: “Yes, thanks.”

Speaker: “That will be $3.27 at the first window.”

(I look at the screen because ice cream is $1 each so I know something is wrong.

The screen says: “2 cones @ $1. 1 cone @ $1.”)

Me: “Excuse me. The screen is incorrect. We ordered three cones and a cup.”

Speaker: “Three cups and a cone?”

Me: “No, three cones and a cup.”

Speaker: “Okay, that will be $3.27 at the first window.”

Me: “No, you only have 3 cones on the screen. We need three cones and a cup.”

Speaker: “Yes, three cones and a cup.”

Me: “A cup of ice cream. Three soft serve ice cream cones and one cup of soft serve ice cream. There are four items.”

Speaker: “Yeah, four cups and a cone.”

Me: “No.”

Speaker: “Three cups and a cone?”

Me: “Yes.”

Speaker: “What do you want on the ice cream?”

Me: “Not a sundae. Sundaes are $1.49. We want the soft serve cup. The cup of ice cream for $1.”

Speaker: “We don’t have that item.”

Me: “Yes. you do. It’s on your menu. It is on your register. Look beside the picture of the ice cream cone. Is there one that says cup?”

Speaker: “Oh, yeah. Cup. That will be $4.32 at the first window.”

Me: “Thanks.”

(At the second window we did get three cones and a cup of ice cream. No napkins and no spoon.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!