Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Tux To Be You!

, , , | Right | June 19, 2018

(I work at a dog grooming shop that also sells cute, cheap outfits for dogs, as well as super fancy, expensive outfits for dogs. This woman walks in and looks around for about a minute, seeming very confused. I put the dog I was grooming away to see if I can be of any assistance.)

Me: “Hello, is there anything I can help you find?”

Woman: “Yes. Do you have any tuxedos?”

Me: “Yes, we do, actually! We have the well-made, but more expensive ones here.” *I hold up a small dog tuxedo* “And we also have the simple tee-shirt, tuxedo-patterned outfit.” *I put the other tuxedo away and hold the cheaper one up*

Woman: “Do you have anything bigger?”

Me: “Unfortunately, the carrier we go through doesn’t have any tuxedos for large dogs.”

Woman: “No, I mean big ones.”

Me: “Um… You mean for a human?”

Woman: “Helloooooo!”

Me: *long pause* “We’re a dog grooming shop.”

(I pointed at the dogs in kennels in the other room, behind the glass window. She looked very baffled for a moment, and then became flustered as she quickly left the store. There used to be a tuxedo store a few doors down, so that might be why she was confused. But the store was filled with dog mannequins wearing outfits.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!