Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Turns Out Not To Be Sweet Nothings

| Right | September 17, 2014

(I am working the register, and it has been a bit slow. A man approaches with two shirts. I ask him all the usual questions, like if he found everything and if he’d like to sign up for our rewards card, and we get to the total.)

Me: “Okay, your total is $27.94.”

Customer: *looking at the candies by the counter* “Hmm, chocolate covered blueberries?”

Me: “Yeah, I’ve had something like those before. They were weird, but pretty cool. Are you going to get those? If you are, I’ll need to add them to the total.”

Customer: “Okay, sure. And I’ll share them with you guys!”

(I look at my coworker who is standing behind me, trying to figure out if he’s serious or not. I can’t tell, so I just laugh awkwardly and add them to his purchase.)

Me: “Okay, your total now is $35.05.”

(The man swipes his credit card, and I give him his receipt. Then, he rips open the bag and offers some to me.)

Me: “Wait, you were serious?”

Customer: “Yeah! Hold out your hand and say when.”

(He gave a couple to my coworker and me, then left. They were very good, and the gesture made my night!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!