Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Turning The Tables And Calling Their Bluff

, , , | Right | CREDIT: porkchop2022 | July 30, 2021

A party of six comes into our restaurant. The leader of the group wants two four-top high-tops pushed together.

Host: “We can’t do that because of social distancing; you’d be too close to the other table next to you.”

Customer: “Let me speak to the manager.”

She’s calm, just insistent, and it’s obvious she’s played the card before.

Me: “How can I help?”

Customer: “Can we push those two tables together?”

Me: “No, I’m afraid you can’t. We’re practicing social distancing and now you’re too close to the next table. You can have that table that’s for six in the corner, you can have that booth for six after we clean it, or you can have that table for six outside after they get up, probably in about ten minutes.”

All the while, I’m pointing to each table like I’m showing them emergency exits on an airplane.

Customer: “You can’t push those tables togeth—”

Me: “No, we will not be moving tables. You can have…”

And I point out the tables again.

Customer: “You know what I think?” *Begins turning to her friend* “You know what I think? We go somewhere else?”

I clap my hands together.

Me: “Thank you and have a great night!”

And I immediately turned around and walked away. The customer stared at the back of my head for several seconds before she shuffled out.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!