Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Turning Ten Problems Into A Hundred

, , , | Right | January 20, 2022

Coworker #1: “Hi, this is [Coworker #1]. How can I help?”

Caller: “I need you to send me some stuff.”

Coworker #1: “Absolutely. Can I have your name, please?”

Caller: “[Caller].”

Coworker #1: “Hi, [Caller], and where will we be shipping the order?”

Caller: “I didn’t call you to be asked a million questions.”

Coworker #1: “Well, I will need the address to know where to send—”

Caller: “This is what’s going to happen. I found [item] in your online catalog. They come in packs of a hundred. I don’t need a hundred pieces. I need you to send me ten of them.”

Coworker #1: “I’m sorry, but we can’t break the packs open, and it looks like we only sell these in packages of a hundred.”

Caller: “I don’t care what you sell them in. I don’t need that many. You are going to send me. Just. Ten. Pieces.”

Coworker #1: “I’m sorry, but we don’t have a package of ten available.”

Caller: “You are going to make them available. I refuse to pay your highway robbery prices for crap I don’t need!”

This goes on for quite a while, with the guy getting ruder and more condescending with each exchange. Bear in mind, this is a $10 package. [Coworker #1] is still fairly new to the job and apparently doesn’t feel comfortable hanging up on the guy, which our management is totally cool with when customers are abusive. She eventually gets off the phone by saying she’ll see if there’s any way we can make an exception.

[Coworker #2], who is much more experienced at the job and very used to telling people no, gets the pleasure of calling him back. I don’t get to overhear the conversation, but she leaves notes on his request to this effect.

Notes: “I called [Caller] back thinking this was going to be quick. I ended up being on the phone for almost thirty minutes explaining over and over again that no, we will not break the package for him or go any lower on the price. He said he is determined to find a way to force us to send him only ten each. Rude and condescending the entire time. I gave him a ground shipping estimate of $8, and he called us ‘robbers and thieves.’ I gave him the manufacturer’s information so he can bother them, instead.”

You would think that’s the end of it, but you’re wrong! Around 5:30, [Coworker #3] gets the same guy.

Coworker #3: “Hello, this is [Coworker #3]. Who am I speaking with?”

Caller: “Connect me to someone in the warehouse.”

My coworker thinks he’s speaking to a supplier or delivery driver.

Coworker #3: “Is this about a receiving appointment?”

Caller: “It’s none of your business. Put me through to someone in the warehouse.”

Coworker #3: “Do you have a name or extension that you want to be transferred to?”

Caller: “No. Anyone in the warehouse.”

Coworker #3: “I’m sorry, but I’m not able to do that. Can you let me know what this is about, and I can see if I can connect you to the right person?”

At this point, the caller started swearing at him about how useless everyone who works here was and hung up on him. [Coworker #3] shared the weird encounter over the office chat, and we all put two and two together that this was the same customer. What was his plan? Get a hold of a random person in the warehouse and harass them into breaking open a pack just to send him ten pieces? People are nuts!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!