Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Home For The Holidays… Finally

| Working | December 27, 2016

(I am fed up with my employer not giving a s*** about employees and am clear with my supervisor that I am looking for something else. In December, ten days before Christmas, I have a final interview for a new job and get it. I call my boss right away.)

Me: “Got the job. I will be quitting on December 23.”

Supervisor: “On the 23rd? When do you begin your new job?”

Me: “January 4th.”

Supervisor: “Can’t you just, you know, wait for the 4th in the morning to quit?”

Me: “Really, and work Christmas and New Year?”

Supervisor: “Well… yes.”

Me: “Do you realize that, one of the key reasons I’m quitting is that I had to work ALL the holidays of the year, non-stop, for the past four years and although I complained, you never did anything about it, and now you want me to work them again as a favor before quitting?”

Supervisor: “Well, that would be nice. Otherwise I will have to ask someone else to cover it for you.” *these “someone else” are his pals…*

Me: “I’m leaving on the 23rd. It’s either that or right now.”

(We had to work together for the following week (my last), and he barely talked to me. Turned out that, since the two other possible guys that could take my place already had vacation time “confirmed,” if none of them cancelled their vacation to take my place, my supervisor would have had to fill-up for me, thus screwing his Christmas. But for me, having to work on Christmas for the fifth year in a row was just… normal.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!