Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Tugging On Your Heart Strings, Not Purse Strings

, | Hopeless | February 17, 2017

(I’m going through a rough time, so I take a long walk around the block in the sunshine to think things over. On the sidewalk, a little girl and her father riding bikes approach me, the father on a much smaller bike obviously meant for a young boy. I smile at them and step aside. After reaching the main road near my apartment again, I linger on the corner of the sidewalk on my phone. The same father from before rides up on a scooter with two children in tow.)

Father: “Excuse me, miss? You dropped something.”

(He extends his hand with my wallet in it.)

Me: *flustered* “Oh, my goodness! Thank you so much!”

Father: “No problem. I found it on the ground and I brought it to my wife to show her, and then I saw the picture on your license and recognized you. We were hoping you were still around. Were you looking for it?”

Me: “I didn’t even realize it was missing! Thank you so much! I truly appreciate it.” *I search my purse* “I don’t have any money; I’m so sorry. I wish I could give you something.”

Father: “Don’t worry about it, miss. Have a great day.”

(He smiles and he and his kids ride off. Thank you so much, sir! You truly brought a smile to my face when I needed it — and saved me a huge headache!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!