Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Tubular Yells

, , , , , | Learning | April 3, 2018

(We have two teachers for a human biology lab class, and each week they alternate who takes the class. One of them is great; the other has a habit of melting my brain immediately. Today we are looking at bones and identifying their features and differences between species. I’m looking at a pelvis when:)

Me: “Excuse me, but I’ve totally forgotten what the ischial tuberosity is; could you tell me?”

Teacher: “Well, when you can’t remember, think of the word.”

Me: “That’s the thing; I’ve totally blanked on this one. Could you let me know so I can continue?”

Teacher: “Break down the word. What does ischial relate to?”

Me: “Honestly, I’ve totally forgotten. I would say it’s part of or near the ischium, but I can’t remember where that is on here.”

Teacher: “Yes, related to ischium. And tuberosity? What does that mean?”

Me: “I don’t know.”

Teacher: “Think about it. What does it mean?”

Classmate: “I think she’s asking you because she doesn’t know, [Teacher].”

Teacher: “You’ll get it. What’s the word mean?”

Me: “I don’t know; that’s why I asked. My notes are in my bag, which you had us put away for this, and I’ve blanked on it, so I asked you. Can you please tell me, so I can move on with this?”

Teacher: “Tuberosity is to do with the shape: like tubules. You remember tubules in other areas?”

Me: “Yes, that makes sense, but I still don’t know–”

Teacher: “So, you know what it is now, because you broke the words down to their meanings.”

Me: “No. I don’t know which part of the bone is called the ischial tuberosity, which is why I asked.”

Teacher: “Well, you do know; you just need to be more confident.” *walks away*

(Another classmate ended up knowing it and shared with me, but how hard is it to just answer a straightforward question? Sadly, this is far from the first merry-go-round of simple questions. I fear for my marks.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!