Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Trying To Ferret Out A Deal

| Right | June 1, 2015

(I work in a bicycle shop. A man walks in while his wife looks around a bit before joining us.)

Customer: “Hi, I was looking to get into road biking as a means of commuting to and from work. Do you have any recommendations?”

Me: “Certainly! If you’re looking for a decently-priced road bike that has comfort built in, I would look at the [Bike]. It’s my personal favorite in the whole shop.”

(The customer’s wife has just joined us.)

Customer’s Wife: “Which bike are you looking at?”

Customer: “He’s showing me [Bike], and it looks really nice.”

Customer’s Wife: “I’ll let you buy it if you get me another ferret.”

Customer: “That… that’s actually really tempting.”

Me: *taken slightly aback* “Another ferret?”

Customer’s Wife: “Well, sure! We have five right now, three girls and two boys! We need another boy to balance it out.”

Me: “Sounds logical to me.”

Customer: *mulls over the idea*

Customer’s Wife: “Pleeeeaaase?”

Me: *jokingly* “Do it for the ferret!”

Customer: “Don’t encourage her. I don’t know…”

(Seeing this as an opportunity to joke some more with the customer’s wife, I point her over to the cruiser bikes.)

Me: “And here, ma’am, you should check out these bikes! They come with baskets, so you can take the ferrets with you!”

Customer’s Wife: “Ooh, yes! We should totally get one!”

(Cue exasperation from the customer. Sadly, the couple left without a bike.)


This story is part of our Bicycle roundup!

Read the next Bicycle roundup story!

Read the Bicycle roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!