Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Trying To Explain The Difference Is A Mis-Steak

, , , | Right | January 25, 2019

(I’m eating out at a fairly fancy restaurant when a couple gets seated at the table behind me.)

Lady: *holding up her menu* “EXCUSE ME?”

Waitress: *who is standing right next to her* “Yes?”

Lady: “Your [dish containing chicken] is listed as being 17.99, but your [same dish with steak] is listed at 20.99. Why are they different?”

Waitress: “Because the first uses chicken, and the second uses steak.”

Lady: “Yes, but why are they different prices?”

Waitress: *sounding a bit confused* “Because the steak costs more than the chicken.”

Lady: “But why?!”

Waitress: *still sounding confused* “Because those are the prices the restaurant set?”

(At that, the lady let out a dramatically disgusted and prolonged huff, before snapping her menu shut, slamming it on the table, standing up, and walking off. After a moment, the man she was sitting with let out a long and tired sigh, stood up, picked up the bag the woman had left by the table, and followed her, while the waitress stood there looking lost.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!