Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Trying To Do A Double Take With A Double Take

| Right | September 16, 2014

(I work in an ammo store. I’m working a morning shift, unpacking some newly arrived freight with 3 other workers. We’d just received some highly in-demand ammunition, in bulk packages, which is limited to 1 per customer per day due to its popularity. It comes in 325 round boxes, which is good for 1 to 3 trips to the shooting range. An older customer, gray haired and in his 60s, comes in.)

Customer: “Hey, you have .22 ammo! Lemme get three boxes!”

Coworker: “Sorry, we have a limit of one box per customer.” *hand him one box*

Customer: “Oh, c’mon! No one cares. Just let me get three!”

Coworker: “Sorry, I can only give you the one.”

Customer: “What if I pay for this, leave, and come back?”

Coworker: “I couldn’t give you another.”

Customer: “You’re kidding me!”

Coworker: “Nope, sorry. Strict policy, because it sells so fast.”

(Customer walks away. After a few minutes, the guy who was behind the counter goes in the backroom to work there, and a suspiciously identical customer appears. He then speaks to a coworker who saw/heard none of the previous.)

Identical Customer: “Hey, was my brother just in here?”

Other Coworker: “Huh?”

Identical Customer: “My brother! Looks just like me!”

Other Coworker: “Uh…”

Identical Customer: “Well, whatever. Hey, can you sell me some .22 ammo?”

Other Coworker: “Um, sure…”

(My other coworker begins walking to the ammo counter. I look over at my manager and shake my head ‘no.’)

Manager: “Did he just leave here with .22 a minute ago?”

Me: “Yup.”

Manager: “Sir, we can’t sell you anything.”

Identical Customer: “What?! That was my brother!”

Manager: “No, it wasn’t. You need to leave.”

Identical Customer: “Really!? You can’t hook me up?”

Manager: “No. Leave.”

Identical Customer: “Oh, well. Hey, you know I was just kidding, right?”

Manager: “No.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!