Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Trying To Discount Their Claims

| Working | November 12, 2013

(My husband and I are members at a local museum, and I subscribe to their email newsletter. Our membership entitles us to $5 off the ticket price for performances, which is stated in the signup information, as well as every email they send about performances. We are at the ticket counter.)

Me: “We’d like two tickets for [dance performance]. I also have this email that says we get $5 off per ticket; can I show you on my phone?”

Clerk: “Um… I don’t think I can honor that.”

(The clerk flags down the manager, who is nearby and has heard the transaction thus far.)

Manager: “What is this about you wanting a discount?”

Me: “I have this email that says we’re entitled to $5 off per ticket—”

Manager: *accusatorily* “Oh, really? I’d just LOVE to see where you got that!”

Me: “I have this email that came directly from [Museum], see?”

(I show her the email on my phone.)

Manager: *to the clerk* “Give them the discount, and I’m going to make sure we don’t put that in our emails anymore!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!