Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Trying To Can The Idea

| Right | January 22, 2013

(At our store, we have to see an ID card before we accept a check. Most of the cashiers are new, however, and lax about asking for ID.)

Me: “Alright, before I process you check, may I please see your ID?”

Older Customer: “Oh? When did this start?”

Me: “It’s a part of our store rules, ma’am. We’re always supposed to ask this.”

Older Customer: “Well, no one has ever asked me before!”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am. We’re always supposed to ask for ID.”

Older Customer: “Still, no one has asked before!”

Me: “Again, I’m sorry, but I have to follow the rules.”

Older Customer: “Well, this is awful! You don’t know how hard this is on old people!”

(She pulls out her wallet, opens it, and moves one thin piece of plastic to get to her ID. However, without warning, she grabs a can from the next customer’s order and chucks at my head.)

Me: *dodges* “Ma’am, what are you doing?!”

Older Customer: “You see what you did there? I could never do that today. What you did there is like what I go through getting to my ID!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!