Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Try To Ketchup When You’re Walkie-ing

| Working | August 3, 2015

(I work at a fairly popular freshwater diving facility situated in a flooded quarry. I recently asked my friend to get me a cheeseburger since he was going to the snack stand on the other side of the park anyway. We use walkie-talkies to communicate, and they are all on the same channel.)

Coworker: *over walkie* “[My Name], come in. [My Name].”

Me: *thinking he had an issue on the way there I need to help with* “This is [My Name]. What do you need?”

Coworker: “Do you… uh… do you want ketchup on your burger?”

(I pause for a good 10 seconds because I’m aware that every employee in the park, including all three of my managers, as well as the company owner, can probably hear this.)

Me: *awkwardly* “Uh… yeah sure. Just a bit.”

(Suddenly, one of my managers cuts in. Thankfully he’s pretty laid back.)

Manager: “…Are you two seriously coordinating food orders over your walkies?”

Coworker: “Well, I’m not going to walk all the way back to talk to [My Name]. It’s hot out.”

Manager: “Eh, fair enough. I’m at the changing rooms. Can you bring me a soda on your way back? I’m thirsty.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!