Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Trust The Village People

, , | Working | June 17, 2016

(I work in Switzerland as a nanny. I’m an American, and although I know some German, it is still difficult for me. I am riding the bus home late one night, and miss my stop. It’s a small village, and none of the other bus stops are anywhere near my house. I stay on the bus until it gets to the next train station, hoping I can catch a different bus or train home. I flag down a train conductor, as they all speak English.)

Me: “Excuse me. I just took the bus from Chur, but I need to get to [Village]. Are there any other buses or trains going that way tonight?”

Conductor: “No, there aren’t any more trains or buses going that way until tomorrow morning.”

(One of the bus drivers overhears us, and approaches.)

Bus Driver: “You need to get to [Village]? I just drove the bus through there. You should have said something.”

Me: “I’m really sorry. I’m not very familiar with the route, and my German isn’t very good.”

Bus Driver: “Come with me. Tell me where you need to go, and I’ll drive you there.”

(So, the two of us got back on the bus, and he drove me back to my village. We chatted on the way over, and he even offered to drive me all the way to my house, but the narrow roads wouldn’t have allowed it. This kind man took an extra half hour out of his night to help me, even though it meant he’d be getting home well after midnight.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!