Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Trouble Is No Trouble At All

| Working | April 23, 2016

(I work at the main location of this particular bank. As a result, there are members of upper management who are in and out frequently. One particular lady has a reputation of being the one who shows up when someone is about to get fired. Even my boss is afraid of her. On this particular day, I see her come in and realize with horror that she is making a beeline for my desk.)

Manager: “Hi, [My Name]?”

Me: *nervously* “Er… yes?”

(My fear grows as I watch my boss get up, grab her coffee and her purse, and make a quick exit into a back room. The other manager sees it, too.)

Manager: “No, no, no. I know what they say, but you’re not in trouble. I just had a question about a client that you helped the other day.”

Me: “Oh! Well, sure. Ask away!”

(I answer her question quickly. I notice that she’s looking at my computer background, which is me and a few friends goofing off at a charity event hosted by my church.)

Manager: “I couldn’t help noticing your background. That looks like a fun group of people!”

Me: “That is from an event my church held to benefit [Non-profit]. And it was a lot of fun!”

Manager: “Really? My church also supports [Non-profit]! Where do you attend?”

(We strike up a 10-minute conversation. During this time, I notice my boss peeking her head out of the back room every couple minutes.)

Manager: “Well, I’ve got to run back to my meeting. I’ll be sure to bring you that magazine article tomorrow; I think you’d really like it!”

Me: “Great! Can’t wait to read it!”

Manager: “Enjoy the rest of your day, [My Name]!”

(She exits. Not 30 seconds later, my boss pounces.)

Boss: “What did you do?!”

Me: “What do you mean, what did I do?”

Boss: “She was here for FIFTEEN MINUTES. You must’ve done SOMETHING.”

Me: “Excuse me?! All she did was ask a question about a customer I waited on the other day. Then, we got off topic and started talking about other stuff. That’s all. No one is in trouble!”

Boss: “…Oh.”

(Six months later, I was transferred to another area. The manager of that department? The lady from upper management who scared everyone. Almost two years later, I still work for her. We’ve become great friends. She’s the best boss I’ve ever had!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!