Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Trouble Is Cold Brewing

, , | Working | January 10, 2020

(I’m at a popular coffee shop that I haven’t visited in a long time. I get excited when I see several big posters of their summer menu, which includes cold brew coffee. The menu clearly states that you can add several different flavors to the cold brew, including vanilla and caramel.)

Me: “Hi. Can I get a cold brew with milk and vanilla?”

Barista: *stares at me blankly for a few seconds and glances at the menu that I’m pointing at* “Umm… you mean the organic cold brew coffee?”

Me: “Yes, the one on the menu.”

Barista: *stares blankly again* “I think we only have two kinds; you can’t get vanilla or caramel or anything.”

Me: “It says on the menu that I can add vanilla flavor, but okay, I’ll get something else.”

Barista: “I don’t think we even have cold brew.”

Me: *internal sigh* “Can I just have an iced vanilla latte, please?”

(Maybe inform your workers about the new additions to the menu before posting huge ads for them all around the coffee shop.)


This story is part of the Coffee Shop roundup!

Read the next Coffee Shop roundup story!

Read the Coffee Shop roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!